Hollyhock blossoms produce rust and red natural dye colours. Also mauves, magenta, pinks and tans depending on the colours of the blossoms and mordants used.
- Use fresh blossoms from Hollyhock plants. Remove them from the plants and add them to a dyepot filled with water. Soak the flowers overnight.
- Simmer for 1/2 – 1 hour and strain.
- Add Glauber’s Salt to the dyebath and mix thoroughly.
- Add clean, premordanted wool into the dyepot.
- Simmer for x-about an hour or until sufficient colour is obtained.
- Allow the dyepot to cool. Then remove the wool and rinse.
- Let dry.
|$250.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Wednesday Dec-26-2018 19:46:08 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Sunday Dec-23-2018 16:13:18 PST
Buy It Now for only: $325.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list