Rhubarb leaves contain oxalic acid, a poisonous substance, but it can be used as a mordant.
- Wear rubber gloves and protective clothing.
- Cut rhubarb leaves into small pieces and place in a large dyepot filled with water.
- Simmer for 2 hours, covered. Avoid vapor inhalation.
- Strain the mordant liquid, removing the leaves.
- Place clean, wet wool into the rhubarb mordant liquid and simmer 1 – 2 hours.
- Allow the mordant to cool before removing the wool.
|$225.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Thursday Apr-19-2018 17:37:50 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Sunday May-13-2018 11:19:22 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $149.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
|$400.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday Apr-21-2018 19:17:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $520.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list