Rainbow dyeing is a quick and fun method for dyeing silk, wool, mohair or other protein fiber using concentrated CIBA Acid-based powder dyes.
- Thoroughly wet the clean fibre or yarn to be dyed.
- Fill a large pot with water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to the dyepot and stir.
- Add 2 – 4 oz. of fibre or yarn into the dyepot.
- Using the end of a chopstick, dip it into the dye powder and then place the dye into the edge of the dyepot.
- With another chopstick, dip it into another colour of dye powder and place the dye into the dyepot on the other side of the dyepot.
- If using 3 or more colours, repeat Step 7
- If dyeing more wool, place another layer of wool into the dyepot and repeat steps 5 – 8, changing the location of dye placement.
- Allow dyepot to simmer at least 20 minutes, or until all the dye has exhausted.
- If the dye is exhausted before you have sufficient colour, you can add more dye, by gently lifting the edge of the fibre and adding more dye.
- Turn off the heat and allow the dyepot to cool
- Remove the dyed fibre from the dyepot, squeeze out excess moisture and let dry.
- Happy Spinning!
How Long does it take to knit
How to Make an Alum Mordant
How to Mordant Cotton and Linen Yarns
How to Sew Handwoven Fabric
How to Spin a Cabled Yarn
How to Make a Tin Mordant
How to Make a Twisted Fringe
How to Use a Corker
How to Wash Fleece
How to Felt
How to Use a McMorran Balance
|$250.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Wednesday Dec-26-2018 19:46:08 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Sunday Dec-23-2018 16:13:18 PST
Buy It Now for only: $325.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list