Handspun requires a special finishing treatment. Handspun yarns should be washed or fulled before they are used for knitting, weaving or other projects to wash out grease or oils,and set the twist of the yarn.
- Wind your handspun yarn into skeins.
- Using a contrasting yarn, preferrably a cotton, tie each skein loosely in at least 3 places.
- Fill a wash basin with hot water.
- Add a mild soap to the hot water, such as dishwashing liquid.
- Place the skeins of yarn into the hot soapy water.
- Give the yarns a good beating in the hot water. I use a potato masher.
- Let the yarns soak for about 10 minutes.
- Drain out the hot water and remove the skeins from the wash basin.
- Fill the wash basin with cold water.
- Place the skeins into the cold water. Agitate again with the potato masher.
- Drain the cold water and remove the skeins.
- Ring out the excess water from the skeins and wrap them in a towel.
- Squeeze out the remaining water from the skeins.
- Hang the skeins up to dry.
How Long does it take to knit
How to Make an Alum Mordant
How to Mordant Cotton and Linen Yarns
How to Sew Handwoven Fabric
How to Spin a Cabled Yarn
How to Make a Tin Mordant
How to Make a Twisted Fringe
How to Use a Corker
How to Wash Fleece
How to Felt
How to Use a McMorran Balance
|$125.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday Apr-28-2018 16:45:17 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $345.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Friday May-18-2018 8:29:26 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $154.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
|$880.13 (29 Bids)|
End Date: Sunday Apr-22-2018 18:11:44 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list