Tansy flower tops will give a yellow dye.
- Use equal weight of tansy flowers to weight of wool. Cut the flower tops of tansy plants when they are in full bloom.
- Chop the tansy flower tops into small pieces and place in a dyepot filled with water.
- Simmer the dyepot for 1 – 2 hours. Let it cool and sit overnight.
- Add the pre-mordanted clean wool to the dyepot.
- Bring to boil and simmer on low heat for 2 hours or until sufficient color is reached.
- Turn off the heat and let the dyepot cool.
- Remove the dyed wool from the dyepot.
- Rinse in cool water, and let dry.
NMSU Dye Project
Growing tansy and other natural dye plants.
|$400.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday Apr-21-2018 19:17:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $520.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Sunday May-13-2018 11:19:22 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $149.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
|$225.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Thursday Apr-19-2018 17:37:50 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list