Brazilwood natural dye gives crimsons, purples and pinks on premordanted yarns.
- Use clean, premordanted wool or yarn.
- Measure the Brazilwood chips (100% – 200% WOG) into a small dish.
- Add alcohol to cover, and let stand for 2 hours.
- Put treated Brazilwood into a nylon stocking and add into a heated dyepot for an hour.
- Add the premordanted fibre or yarn into the dyepot and simmer for 1 hour.
- Allow the dyepot to cool.
- Remove the fibre or yarn from the dyepot, rinse and let dry.
How To Make an Alum Mordant
How To Make a Tin Mordant
Natural Dyes and Mordant Recipes
MSDS – Aluminum Potassium Sulfate
|$115.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday Dec-22-2018 20:57:27 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list
|$399.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday Dec-22-2018 16:02:52 PST
Buy It Now for only: $699.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Monday Jan-14-2019 14:41:49 PST
Buy It Now for only: $273.79
Buy It Now | Add to watch list