How To Mordant Cotton and Linen
Bloodroot natural plant dye has been used by First Nations to dye wool yarns, yielding reds, pink and orange colours.
- When handling dyestuffs, use rubber gloves to avoid absorbing the dye into your skin.
- Cut the roots of the bloodroot plant into small pieces and soak in water for 2 hours.
- Bring the water to boil.
- Add clean, premordanted wool into the dyebath.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Remove the wool and add Glauber’s salts to the dyebath. Stir well.
- Put the wool back in and simmer another 1/2 hour.
- Let the dyebath cool and remove the wool.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
Cherokee Natural Dyes
A bloodroot natural dye recipe for dyeing commercial cane.
|$125.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday Apr-28-2018 16:45:17 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $345.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Friday May-18-2018 8:29:26 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $154.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
|$880.13 (29 Bids)|
End Date: Sunday Apr-22-2018 18:11:44 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list