Bedstraw is found along roadsides and its roots can be used to make a red or pink natural plant dye.
- Collect bedstraw roots.
- Chop the roots finely and soak in water overnight.
- Boil the roots for an hour in a dyepot filled with water.
- Remove the roots from the dyepot.
- Add clean, pre-mordanted fleece or yarn to the dyepot.
- Simmer for an hour or until the desired depth of colour is obtained.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the dyed yarn from the dyepot, rinse in cool water and dry.
- The flowers of the bedstraw plant will give you a yellow dye.
$293.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Sunday Aug-26-2018 11:19:18 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list
$299.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Sunday Aug-26-2018 12:59:33 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $399.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Tuesday Sep-18-2018 6:00:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $225.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list