Bedstraw is found along roadsides and its roots can be used to make a red or pink natural plant dye.
- Collect bedstraw roots.
- Chop the roots finely and soak in water overnight.
- Boil the roots for an hour in a dyepot filled with water.
- Remove the roots from the dyepot.
- Add clean, pre-mordanted fleece or yarn to the dyepot.
- Simmer for an hour or until the desired depth of colour is obtained.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the dyed yarn from the dyepot, rinse in cool water and dry.
- The flowers of the bedstraw plant will give you a yellow dye.
$800.00 (24 Bids)
End Date: Sunday Apr-22-2018 18:11:44 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Friday May-18-2018 13:57:31 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $225.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
$400.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Saturday Apr-21-2018 19:17:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $520.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list