Bedstraw is found along roadsides and its roots can be used to make a red or pink natural plant dye.
- Collect bedstraw roots.
- Chop the roots finely and soak in water overnight.
- Boil the roots for an hour in a dyepot filled with water.
- Remove the roots from the dyepot.
- Add clean, pre-mordanted fleece or yarn to the dyepot.
- Simmer for an hour or until the desired depth of colour is obtained.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the dyed yarn from the dyepot, rinse in cool water and dry.
- The flowers of the bedstraw plant will give you a yellow dye.
$300.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Wednesday Dec-19-2018 12:32:40 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Friday Jan-11-2019 7:01:12 PST
Buy It Now for only: $1,000.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
$423.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Tuesday Dec-18-2018 16:46:09 PST
Buy It Now for only: $550.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list