This is a recipe I found for making a natural dye using banana peels. I haven’t tried it yet, so if you do, please let me know the results.
- Chop banana skins into small pieces.
- Cover them with water and let the mixture sit for a few days in a warm location, stirring the mixture each day.
- The mixture will get a bit smelly, so it is best to store it outside, covered. You can add some baking soda and sugar to the mixture.
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or nylons stocking to remove the pulp.
- Add the liquid to a dyepot filled with water. Simmer for x-about an hour.
- Add clean, premordanted wool to the dyepot.
- Simmer for an hour or until sufficient colour is obtained.
- Allow the dyepot to cool. Then remove the dyed wool.
- Rinse and let dry.
|$400.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday Apr-21-2018 19:17:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $520.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Sunday May-13-2018 11:19:22 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $149.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
|$225.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Thursday Apr-19-2018 17:37:50 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list