Wool Roving Rug Pattern
Warm your toes on this quick and easy-to-weave rug, that uses wool roving as weft.
|Finished Size||24″ x 39″|
|Warp||500 yds – 4/12 linen rug warp
You could also use cotton rug warp.
|# Ends||250 ends|
Rug length: 24″
Loom Waste: 28″
Shrinkage: 6″ (10%)
Total Length: 70″ (2 yards)
|Weft:||4 oz. 2 ply wool, 900 ypp
1.5 lbs Pure wool roving
Woven in Tabby
Weave a 2 inch header using 2 ply wool for the edge of the rug.
- Pull a small section of the roving apart, the length of the staple. Give this a slight twist, open the shed and lay the wool into the shed. Beat it into place.
- Pull another small section of roving, and lay it in place, slightly overlapping the previous piece. Continue this along the length of the shed.
- Change sheds, and beat the row firmly into place.
- Weave in another row of wool roving following the same procedure
- Using the 2 ply wool, weave 2 rows.
Continue this for the length of the rug, alternating between 2 rows of roving and 2 rows of 2 ply wool. Experiment with colour blending, using different colours of roving. Colours can be easily mixed by hand carding, or simply laying the colours in place by hand, similar to tapestry weaving. For variation, you could also use twill treadlings. This would create a more weft-faced rug, making it thicker and firmer as well.
Finish edges with a knotted fringe.
Weaving Books: Rag Rugs
|$115.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday Dec-22-2018 20:57:27 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list
|$399.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday Dec-22-2018 16:02:52 PST
Buy It Now for only: $699.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Monday Jan-14-2019 14:41:49 PST
Buy It Now for only: $273.79
Buy It Now | Add to watch list