Tansy flower tops will give a yellow dye.
- Use equal weight of tansy flowers to weight of wool. Cut the flower tops of tansy plants when they are in full bloom.
- Chop the tansy flower tops into small pieces and place in a dyepot filled with water.
- Simmer the dyepot for 1 – 2 hours. Let it cool and sit overnight.
- Add the pre-mordanted clean wool to the dyepot.
- Bring to boil and simmer on low heat for 2 hours or until sufficient color is reached.
- Turn off the heat and let the dyepot cool.
- Remove the dyed wool from the dyepot.
- Rinse in cool water, and let dry.
NMSU Dye Project
Growing tansy and other natural dye plants.
|$108.66 (2 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday May-26-2018 10:15:02 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Monday Jun-11-2018 12:05:34 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $400.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
|$250.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Friday May-25-2018 16:00:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $325.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list