- Find the threads that are going to be moved to Shaft 1 from Shaft 3 and mark them with a coloured thread.
- Cut lengths of strong cotton yarn for the replacement heddles, making them long enough to wrap around the Shafts with allowance for tying.
- Find the correct location for the replacement heddle on Shaft 1
- Use the existing heddles as a guide to the correct placement of the eye of the heddle
- Tie a square knot, aligning it with the bottom edge of the eye of the heddle
Loom Weaving Books
Key to Weaving: A Textbook of Hand-Weaving Techniques and Pattern Drafts for the Beginning Weaver
A definitive guide to handloom weaving: step-by-step instructions, intricacies of color, fiber and how to use them effectively.
UK: Key to Weaving